Sunday, August 9, 2009

Get Well Soon Amma...

Each one of us have someone or something that we love more than ourselves...That special someone is even dearer than our own lives to us...For me the most special person whom I could love more than anything on this earth is my grandmother...I fondly call her Amma...

She is for me a true epitome of beauty,love and affection...My mom tells me that the first person who held me in their arms when I was born 23 years ago was Amma...in these 23 years,I have seen Amma growing old and getting weak physically...I have seen her hair going from black to grey and now white...I have seen those wrinkles that keep growing every year...those steady hands that held me and protected me have now become shaky...but what hasn't changed over these years is the love that I see in her eyes...

When I see her after long period of time...I notice her gradual ageing...but I also notice that twinkle in her eye and the way she spreads her arms to hold me and smile...I can never forget that look on her face...that warm smile,those tearful eyes and the way she blesses me and says..."mera baccha"...

Amma is truly everything for me,she inculcated all the moral values in me...taught me right from wrong...gave me a wonderful childhood...I remember those numreous nights when she would narrate to me stories that had a lesson in the end...I remember each and every tale I heard from her...

Today she is not well,and is battling with a serious infection...it is really a pain to see the her in such a state...for me its like seeing the strongest pillar of my life so fragile and so broken down...I feel very helpless...wish I could do something for Amma...I miss listening to her voice...I miss seeing her smile...I am really missing her...all I can do right now is to pray for her...I hope she gets well soon...and talks to me like she used to...

Get well soon Amma...I really Love you...

No comments: