Thursday, January 14, 2010

Show me the light...

Ever wondered why are we afraid of the dark? Why is it so that we always feel confident while walking on an unknown path during the day time when the sun is shining bright in the sky but we feel weak and scared to walk on a known path in the dark?

The reason is our own shadow that accompanies us during the day time... when we see that shadow following us, we see our actions, we have a companion and a feeling that we are not alone... where as during the night time, our shadow is not with us anymore... and we feel as if we are walking all alone...that is what actually scares us...

But is shadow a mere reflection? It has much more significance than that... in our lives we have good times and bad times... just like day and night... in good times we have companions...who are with us all the time like our own shadow... such good times seem never ending...its like a sun that never sets... and whenever we feel scared in these times, all we have to do is turn around... and we see a friend, who stands right behind us like a shadow with a smile that assures confidence, and a motivation to move ahead in life...

But good times are almost always followed by bad times... and I had read somewhere that these bad times come to teach us the importance of the good and happy days of our life... these bad times are like a dark moonless night... where the sky is so cloudy that we don't even stars... there is absolutely nothing around us... and now when we turn around... there is no shadow...

We all sleep in the night... maybe to pass the dark time... and when the sun rises...our day begins... a new day, a new hope but the same shadow... we always salute the rising sun, because it gives a feeling that we are not alone...

I have learnt one very important thing in life... that being alone and being lonely are two different things... I must have been alone many times... but for the first time in my life I am lonely... and I see no shadow behind me, whether it is a day time or a night time... there seems to be a a phase of a long eclipse in my life... and I don't know when that eclipse will end...

I just need that light... to brighten my path... I need my shadow back... I am scared, weak and tired of walking alone in my lonely life...
I miss my shadow...I miss my reflection... and above all I miss my soul that left my body all alone in this world...

No comments: